This course has been designed specifically for adults 24+ years who may be unable to self-fund and want to advance through Intermediate Level Hairdressing through to completion of the NVQ Level 3 Advanced Hairdressing Diploma, the recognised industry standard required to work as a Hairdresser. There are no entry requirements and the course is suitable for you if any of these apply to you:
- you are a beginner with an enthusiasm for hairdressing
- you need to refresh your basic skills and progress onto the advanced level skills needed to work as a hairdresser
- completed a VRQ level 2 in Hairdressing and wish to advance your skills to NVQ level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing
- you completed an Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2) and wish to bring your skills up to industry standards to gain employment as a Hairstylist
One day per week on Thursdays, 9:30 - 5:.00, plus additional half days for assessment as required (flexible).
One year (48 weeks)
Next scheduled start date is 21st April, 2015. Contact us as soon as possible if you are interested. This course has proved very popular in the past, and have been fully booked.
From 1st August 2013, if you are aged 24 or over and want to study Hairdressing to Diploma level 3 you will need to pay your college or training organisation for the cost of your course.
Have you heard about the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan?
A new loan scheme has been introduced by the government to help learners. The 24+ Advanced Learning Loan is easy to apply for and doesn't take your household income into account and doesn't involve a credit check. Here are some of the key facts about the loan:
- Repayments are linked to what you earn and not how much you borrowed
- You only have to start making repayments when you've finished your course and you’re earning over £21,000 a year (which is £404 a week or £1,750 a month). Until then you don’t need to pay back anything, but you can make voluntary repayments at any time
- You pay 9% of the money you earn over £21,000, before tax. For example, if you earn £22,000 a year, your monthly repayment will be £7 a month.
For information about applying please contact us or visit www.direct.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans
Independent Financial Advice:
You can get independent financial advice from the Money Advice Service at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk